Monday, June 2, 2008

Faber vs. Yamamoto

These are my thoughts on the 145 pound dream matchup.

A thread was posted on the forum and I noticed alot of what seemed, at least to me, to be baseless Urijah Faber dry humping.

My response:

Move over Frank Mir, you need to make some room on Urijah Faber's nuts.

Come on, guys, let's actually look at this fight with out brains and not let ourselves be blinded by Urijah's cornrows.

Faber's striking is OK, KID's is savage.

Faber's wrestling is D-1, KID's is Olympic.

In terms of skill sets, these guys are on different planets. I'll be honest, I'm impressed by Faber's explosiveness, but he's hardly a flawless fighter. In fairness, neither is KID, but KID does everything better than Faber does.

Everyone seems to believe that Faber is a tank with the best wrestling at 145, but KID is a better wrestler.

At the same time, people seem to suffer from the delusion that Faber has beaten some of the best opposition in the world. While I like the WEC, and think it's a good organization, I'm not crazy enough to believe that Jeff Curran, Chance Farrar and Joe Pearson are on the same level as the guys KID fights.

If you think that guys Faber has fought are as good as Royler Gracie, or Genki Sudo, or Caol Uno, you're smoking some pretty strong sh*t, and I'd like to take a hit of it sometime, but it's time for you to put the bong down and remember that Faber would be a wrestler from the University of California at Davis (not Ohio State, or a different big corn-fed school) trying to take down a wrestler with a family legacy who's got an Olympic quality game.

What is Faber going to do?

He can't take KID down. He can't strike with KID. So I'll tell you what he's going to do.

He's going to get pounded.

No comments: