Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Review of Matt Hughes' Book

Made in America: The Most Dominant Champion in UFC History Made in America: The Most Dominant Champion in UFC History by Matt Hughes


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
Before I had opened the book, I had damned it peripherally for a subtitle that is terribly dishonest. As a long time MMA fan and an analyst of the sport, I found it unfair that Matt Hughes should feel any right to claim his post as the most dominant champion in history, as his title reign was interrupted by BJ Penn in 2004, which would insinuate that Frank Shamrock and Tito Ortiz, the fighters with similar numbers of victories and no interruptions would have the right to claim that title.



That said, this is a chance for Hughes to feed his ego, and if you are a hardcore fan of the former UFC welterweight champion, as my brother is, then you will enjoy the book. If you see the world as it really is, and are honest with yourself about the sport, then you will have a much harder time choking down his immodest bullshit.


View all my reviews.

No comments: